fipad

Fi's Book Blog

Reading is one of life's passions for me, I enjoy YA/fantasy/paranormal/occult romance/supernatural books as well varous others.

I have done several ARC reads, reviews can be found on Amazon.co.uk - Raven.FP.  I am stepping into doing some BETA reads.  I find ARC & BETA reading an enjoyable past time in that I get to do something that I adore but I get to help out in little ways. I know my reviews matter & do a little to help promote the books

I have decided to get into jewellery making and find I like several media's i.e. wirework, polymer clay and beadwork to name a few.  I left my job working with the elderly due to a chronic pain illness.  Doing the jewellery making allows me to work when my body allows.  I love the art of creating work.

SPOILER ALERT!

Demon's - Eirik meets his parents in Hel.

— feeling amazing

I received this ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Well here I am writing my review for Demons which saddens me as this means I have come to the end.

Eirik, WOW, he now kinda rocks my world, he is totally badass. He used to be a nice guy and his best friend was Raine, from previous books within the Runes series. Eirik grows both mentally and physically and accepts who and what he is.

We find that Eirik is put in a position where he comes face to face with his parents, Baldur and Hel his, Goddess of this realm, mother. He had no idea what to expect, neither did I let me tell you. The way Ednah describes Hel (the Goddess not the place) shows her to be a very strong and powerful character who is stunningly captivating and scary as HEL, but she does have her softer side.. Baldur is the opposite of Hel, quieter yet is more approachable but he has his owns strengths as you will see.

We also get to meet the lovely Celestia, a young and powerful witch who has impressive gifts kinda makes me so want to be her. She has a habit of talking a lot. She has managed to do what many before her have tried by traveling across the realms and into Hel. Celestia and Eirik interact a lot in the book so we get a good look at who they are, and how they interact with all the other character and how they themselves interact.

I love the whole description of Hel and the people that live there, I'm thinking of going there for my next holiday (I wish)!! Seriously you will fall in love with the place, the only downside is it is a bit cold.

I must admit that when I heard that this book was coming out I was hoping to have Raine in it too but, and I'm sorry about this, I did not miss her or any of the other character from within the Runes series. This book just adds more flavour to the series and we get to meet new character who you will either love or hate and it has in it my most favourite of mythical creatures. Now that was a surprise I must say, a nice one for me.

This book gives us an explanation of the happenings after Eirik agreed to go to Hel's Hall with the delectable Echo, sorry its a cameo role for him, but we do get to see Rhys again. It would be advisable to read the other books in the series if you have not already to get yourself to where Demons will start at. They are all the most amazing reads, each one better than the next. You will be left gagging for the next book as I am right now. Next year, its just to far away to have to wait.

The book is written in the dual point of view, Celestia and Eirik but Ednah has made sure that it works well as she always does.
Happy reading everyone.