fipad

Fi's Book Blog

Reading is one of life's passions for me, I enjoy YA/fantasy/paranormal/occult romance/supernatural books as well varous others.

I have done several ARC reads, reviews can be found on Amazon.co.uk - Raven.FP.  I am stepping into doing some BETA reads.  I find ARC & BETA reading an enjoyable past time in that I get to do something that I adore but I get to help out in little ways. I know my reviews matter & do a little to help promote the books

I have decided to get into jewellery making and find I like several media's i.e. wirework, polymer clay and beadwork to name a few.  I left my job working with the elderly due to a chronic pain illness.  Doing the jewellery making allows me to work when my body allows.  I love the art of creating work.

Awakened - Ednah Walters

This book draws you in from page 1 and does not stop until the end.

I want a grandpa like Ares.

I was not sure what to expect from this book after reading the runes series also written by Ednah Walters, but I was pleasantly surprised again to read such a thoroughly enjoyable book. I was captivated from page one and although there were a couple of times I wanted to tell Lil to get on with it I do understand why she was crying, a lot (I would have been to). It must have been a wee bit of a shock to find out the secret her grandfather had hidden from her all her life.

I am glad bad guy daddy was not killed off, I am dying to read how or if their relationship progresses.

The characters are great. I love that Kim and Lil have their snide comments at each other. Sykes and Remy come across as the cool big brother types and kind of do take Lil under their wing.

Lil and Bran, what can I say about the two of them.  They are just so amazing together, the chemistry they share is something we as humans dream of (did you see what I did there lol human).

This was a very well written book, I love Ednah's writing style, she draws the reader deep into the story from the first few pages making the reader feel that the book is their reality and their reality is fictional, well just for the duration of the book that is.  I am so addicted to her other series and have now developed an addiction for this series, I think I just need to lock myself away and read read read!!!

Ok review written off to download the next one. :-))))